Saturday, January 21, 2012

I have multiple personalities...

You may not know this about me, but I have multiple personalities. Okay, not seriously, but I can be a very different person in different circumstances. Many years ago, I gave each of my alter-egos names.

First, there is Susan. Susan is my main personality. She is nice, kind-hearted and easy going. She enjoys exercising but also enjoys lying around and watching TV. Susan is balanced and level headed. She enjoys helping people lose weight and be the best person they can be. She relishes in the success of others.

Then, there is Suzanne. Suzanne is a complete bitch. She says things that shouldn’t be said out loud. Suzanne is the personal trainer, the one who enjoys putting people through the physical pain of boot camp. Suzanne is skinny and toned. She is disciplined and a perfectionist. Suzanne often has a hard time understanding why all of the people around her are not as disciplined and motivated as she is.

Finally, there is Sissy. Sissy is my favorite! She is a blast. She is the party girl that loves to drink, dance and have fun. Everyone loves to be around Sissy. Sissy is plump. She is the inner chubby girl that takes over and loves to eat, drink and be merry. Sissy is known to eat greasy foods at 2 a.m. (something Suzanne wouldn’t dream of doing). She has to eat chocolate in large quantities before Suzanne takes over again. Sissy is a bit of a mess, but damn, she is fun.

I wouldn’t be the same without Sissy and Suzanne. Suzanne has brought me all sorts of success in my career as a business owner, as a powerlifter and as a mother. Sissy has made my life fun and worth living. Life wouldn’t be the same without Sissy. Both Sissy and Suzanne have brought me great pleasure and great pain.

As a woman,the ultimate goal in life is to love who you are. By seeing my alter-egos for what they are and for what they offer me, both good and bad, I have been able to appreciate who I am. I am glad that Sissy is around. I would hate to be disciplined all of the time without any moments of freedom and abandon. But, I am afraid that Sissy would turn into a girl who is unhappy with herself and her body if Suzanne was not there to pick up the pieces on the weekdays. Let’s face it; Sissy and Suzanne make me who I am. Without them, Susan would be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment