Friday, December 16, 2011

F&!K the positive attitude!



Some people will tell you that to achieve a goal you have to have a positive attitude. Those people have clearly never achieved a goal by just being pissed.


Most people tell me that I am motivating. It's true that I often tell people to have a CAN-DO attitude. I do believe that if we tell ourselves we can't, we won't. I believe that we have to believe in ourselves. But a "positive" attitude can sometimes just give you a positive experience with a negative outcome. There are moments when you just need to get angry. There are moments when anger will drive you harder and longer than any positive emotion.


I have excelled at the sport of powerlifting through anger. Moments before I deadlift heavy weight I think of the one or two people in my life (who will remain unnamed) that REALLY tick me off. It gets me angry and I intentionally get myself worked up. Then, I pull the hell out of
that bar.


In the fitness industry, I see people that need to get angry all of the time. They spend their energy feeling embarrassed, ashamed or guilty, but instead, they need to get PISSED! Get mad. They need to decide that they have HAD it with whatever is holding them back. They need to
put some Limp Bizkit or Godsmack on their iPod and dive into the inner badass.


F&!K the positive attitude, GET MAD!!!!!


As I sit here and listen to the words, "F&!k you, I won't do what you tell me" on my radio, it gets me worked up. It is impossible to listen to this stuff and sit on the couch or get lazy. It makes me want to get up and prove something to SOMEONE! It takes me back to that struggling teenager that I was over 15 years ago. She had fire! She had passion! The 35-year-old in me can use her every now and then...especially when I want to accomplish something physical.


Bottom line, if you want me to accomplish something, just tell me that I won't and I will spend every bit of energy that I have proving that I CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment